Tuesday 15 April 2014

Let's alter it......................................

Hi there,

I am back with the second project for Ali-Craft DT, using the delicious papers by Prima.




Stationer's Desk- Collection Kits
Prima Stationers Desk.
I decided to make some stationary items, things that people may use on a day to day basis. So my first piece is an altered Chipboard Panel, you can buy these from Ali-Craft you may need to call them, as I am not sure they are on the website.


So here it is.............................




Note Pad holder.


I took the Chipboard Panel and gave it a coat of Espresso Paint Dabber (it's about the only one of mine that has not dried up!)

I then drew around the panel on a sheet of the Prima Paper, then trimmed it so I would get a border around the panel. I coloured the edges of the paper with Antique Linen Distress ink and then stamped a few of the Butterflies using Potting Soil Archival Ink.

I had a rummage through my stash and found a Bulldog clip, I took it apart and coated it with some Glue and Seal by Ranger, then painted the handle with some Espresso Paint Dabber, whilst that was drying I Covered the barrel of the clip with some scraps of Prima paper ( waste not want not). once it was all dry I re-assembled the clip. 




Altered Bulldog Clip.





I adhered the paper to the panel making sure there was a even border, I then pierced a hole near the top, aligned the hole on the Bulldog clip over it and attached it with a fancy Brad.

I choose a sticker from the sticker sheet and placed it near the bottom and added some of the smaller Prima blooms that match the collection, to give it a bit more dimension.


Flowers from the Prima Collection.




Well I hope you all enjoyed this weeks project.

Happy Crafting.


Barbara

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love reading them. Thank you x